Monday, April 13, 2015

Diets Be Gone

Sandi thought it would be a good idea for her to cook a healthy meal. A couple of days ago, she made a nice pork tenderloin dish that was reasonable healthy. She sauteed the Brussels sprouts the same way she did last week except for the bacon; it was delicious. She even made some "pretend" mashed potatoes made out of cauliflower; not bad at all.


Last night she invited me again; I swear, I should have a room at her house so I can retire at the end of a big meal to sleep it off.  I don't know what got into her but the healthy dinner was a chicken breast cooked in cream.....oh yessss! There was a salad of course since we had to have vegetables. She also make some black rice and couscous in case the black rice was inedible. It turned out, the black rice was quite edible especially when she decided to fry it a bit after it was cooked so it gave it a chewy but crunchy texture.


She did not make her usual surprise dessert as we eliminated dessert for the next two weeks. Here is more good and bad news. My friend Ana decided to give me an early birthday present and had her husband deliver her famous Chocolate Cake. This is the ultimate cake. I guarantee there is no richer, lighter, moister cake in the world like this one. She also had to make her famous caramel sauce to go with the cake. She made a mini cake for Sandi with the sauce. That was our dessert! I waited to go home to have mine as I didn't want to take a piece from her portion.


Since the cake was a good size cake.....you can guess what I had for breakfast this morning with my morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment