Sunday, July 28, 2013

Yet Another Birthday at Dominique's

We just can't seem to stay away from this restaurant.  We celebrated my husband, Otto's birthday a few days ago at Dominique's. I should probably limit my blogging about this place as it was very busy on a Thursday night. I'm afraid they soon won't be able to accommodate me.

The three of us were quite hungry.  Our son suggested we order one of the special entrées for the evening which was the mussels, as an appetizer.  Out came this huge bowl of very tasty mussels along with a side of their truffle fries. The sauce of the mussels were so delicious that we were thankful Dominique came to say hello and asked if we could use spoons. Yessss and shortly after, he emerged with 3 serving spoons which were perfect. Now that I think of it, next time instead of dipping the fries 2-3 at a time which isn't enough time for the fries to absorb the wonderful sauce, I will just dump the fries and allow them to go for a dip before I eat them.


The soup of the day was one of my favorites, Lobster Bisque which my husband ordered.  I opted for the Caesar salad this time as I was watching calories (yeah right!) and our Erik also had the salad. Where else can you get Lobster Bisque for $3.99 and Caesar salad for $2.00 and be very good?



For our entrée, my husband and I ordered the Fillet of Sole. I have heard several people rave about it so I wanted to try it this time. The tender fillet did not disappoint. It was a very simple yet flavorful dish. Fish has to be very good for me to order it and I am happy to report that I didn't have any remorse. Our son had the Lamb Chops (another one of my favorites) and according to him, it was cooked to perfection, tender and juicy.



Dessert time: The birthday boy had to have his Chocolate Mousse. Erik has never had the Floating Island which I would have ordered since I love that dessert but they now had a new addition to their dessert menu. Baked Alaska which took center stage.
Not only was it a beautiful dessert, it was terribly delicious. Let me tell you what was in the baked Alaska, There was a sponge cake inside that was ever so light with some berries compote, raisins, vanilla ice cream and lots of rum then topped with the meringue. They ignite the rum as soon as it lands on your table. Again, where would you find a dessert of this caliber for $4.99. The answer is nowhere.....only at Dominique's!






I thank Dominique and Liza once again for another memorable birthday dinner.

You can check out my previous blogs on this restaurant.  Google Dominique's Kitchen solittlethyme for the many other wonderful dishes they prepare.  Dominique's is located at  522 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment