Thursday, July 11, 2013

Obika at Century City

Obika Mozzarella Bar is a great place to have your various mozzarella tastings. My last visit here was just a couple of months ago. See previous blog:
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/05/obika-mozzarella-bar-ristorante.html

I was up at the Westfield Century City mall today to return something at Bloomingdale's.  Of course I timed it so that I would be there around lunch time. At 11:30, I went by the food court and nothing looked enticing. This was after I already made up my mind that I would eat at Obika. So I naturally ended up at Obika. It was good timing as it was still pretty empty when I got there. I looked at the menu and all I knew was that I wanted some Burrata but didn't know which to order. My server, Jordan came to the rescue and helped me decide.

I ordered from the antipasti menu. The Bruschette with 4 different toppings. One was topped with plum tomatoes and olives, a spicy sausage, mozzarella di Bufala with roasted peppers and Burrata with anchovies. Jordan also informed me that if I wanted to skip one of them, I could double up on another. Perfecto....had 2 of the Burrata with anchovies. The Burrata was soooo creamy and almost sweet with the olive oil and the salty anchovies gave it that nice kick.


All I can say is that this was a perfect lunch and the bonus was I felt great not feeling guilty for once. Obika is located on the 2nd floor of the Westfield Century City Mall at 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment