Monday, July 29, 2013

Tuna & Olive Sandwich

Let me start by telling you I don't like tuna sandwiches.  To me, it always tasted fishy and left one with tuna breath which is not pleasant. I was told by someone with credibility, to try the Tuna & Olive Sandwich at L'Amande Bakery.

Last week when Sandi and I decided to eat light (I know you've heard this a hundred times), so have I......we ordered the Greens and Bacon Salad and the Tuna & Olive Sandwich to split.

All I can tell you is we both enjoyed it. It was not fishy nor stinky. I guess this is the ultimate gourmet tuna sandwich. You have a choice of having it on a baguettine or a pain de mie ; we had ours on a slightly toasted pain de mie. It had lettuce, tomato and eggs with a side of Kalamata olive tapenade which tasted wonderful in the sandwich.



We both have had this delicious salad before and we once again enjoyed the big slices of smoked Applewood bacon, pistachios and lots of shaved cheese.



The next time you want to eat light, head on over to L'Amande Bakery at 2553 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance; but be sure to get there before 6:00 p.m. Unfortunately, they too have to close for the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment