Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chicken Waffle Tenders at Popeyes

My friend and I went for a short walk at a park this afternoon. After our walk we decided to go to the local Carl's Jr. but when we got to the parking lot, the restaurant had closed.  Close by was a Kentucky Chicken. We both thought the Mashed Potato Bowl sounded good. As she was parking, I asked her if she's seen the commercial on the new Chicken Waffle Tenders at Popeyes.  She had not seen or heard of it so I described it to her and she asked if we should go there instead. I didn't think there was a Popeyes nearby.  She informed me that there was one just a few blocks away.  I haven't seen anyone put the car in reverse that fast.

We got to Popeyes and found ourselves in a line.  It didn't take long for them to take our order but it took longer for us to pick them up.  We decided to eat at her house which was not far away. We both ordered the new Chicken Waffle Tenders which are marinated in Louisiana spices, handcrafted with a light crispy waffle coating. This came with a biscuit and Cajun Fries with the special seasoning. The Chicken tenders were all white meat and lived up to its name of being tender.  I have never had chicken that crunchy before. It also came with a honey maple dipping sauce.  This was so good that I can't wait to try their cole slaw, shrimp po'boy sandwich and other exciting items on the menu.



I really hate to admit this but my friend and I enjoyed this more that the fried chicken at Thomas Keller's Bouchon.  You can't beat $4.99!

Go check out these waffle tenders at your nearby Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. I think you'll like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment