Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Albright

I was fortunate enough to be invited by friends to The Albright a few weeks ago. Their specialty is Fish and Chips. It's not easy to find good fish and chips. Some have too much breading or soggy and some can't even get the fish right, either it's not fresh or it's overcooked.

It was a beautiful day in Santa Monica as we parked our car in one of the parking lots and proceeded to stroll along the path towards the restaurant. I loved that the restaurant had pictures of the characters Popeye the Sailor, Olive Oyl, Bluto, Sweet Pea, and Wimpy. It reminded me of the time I was a kid and watched the cartoon on Saturdays.


Though there were many items on the menu, we were there for the Fish and Chips and that's what we all ordered. It really was very good. The fish was fresh and flaky and the breading was crisp. Someone ordered corn on the cob which I tried and was also good.


I know there will be a next time for me to visit The Albright. I will have to try the oysters, clam chowder and the lobster roll!



The Albright is located at 258 Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment