Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Most of us have heard of Dickey's Barbecue and I know they have been around for awhile but I have never been to one. We finally made it to one in Redondo Beach.  The menu had several options of ordering the various meats. You could buy them by the pound, a la carte, meat plates or family packs.

My friend and I decided to order 2 meat plates to share. One was Half Rack of Ribs and the other was the Beef Brisket. We had a choice of  2 sides. I had the Mac and Cheese and Fried Okra. She had Baked Potato Casserole and Cole Slaw.  We could not get over how the meat literally was falling off the bones of the ribs. The barbecue was way too good and the beef brisket was just as tender.  The mac and cheese could have been better if they had used a sharper cheese. The baked potato casserole was satisfactory and we enjoyed the fried okra though we had to ask for a ranch dressing for dipping.


At the end of the meal, you can have a serving of ice cream from the soft serve machine on the house. I didn't have any because I like something on my vanilla ice cream like a topping or some sauce. My friend had one and she commented on the nice crispy and tasty cone. I might have to bring a little fudge with me next time.


I can't wait to return to Dickey's Barbecue in the near future.  We went to 407 N. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California though they have multiple locations all over the United States.


No comments:

Post a Comment