Sunday, May 13, 2018

Chocolate Sour Dough Bread

This sounded intriguing to me though I have had chocolate bread in the past, I was curious to taste this one which I got from Paris Baguette. When my eyes first glanced at the dark bread, the word "Healthy" jumped at me so I dismissed giving it a second glance.  I was lucky to have Sandi notice it and said to me: "Did you see the Chocolate Sour Dough Bread"?  I immediately grabbed one to take home.


I have been having the delicious bread for breakfast the past few days. I experimented to see how best to enjoy the bread. Rule #1 It must be toasted so you get the intoxicating aroma of the chocolate. Rule #2 It has to be toasted dark to get the full flavor.  On one slice, I applied butter. On the other slice of bread, I put some whipped cream cheese. Both were good but it needed something else.


I added some Kir Royale Jam on both and that sealed the deal! The bread had cherries and cranberries in them so there was some tartness from the fruit, some bitterness from the almost burned toast, creaminess from the cream cheese and sweetness from the chocolate chips not to forget the jam.  Who can ask for anything more?


Paris Baguette has 3,000 locations worldwide. We are lucky to have one in Redondo Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment