Monday, May 7, 2018

Taco Llama

My friend Josephine introduced me to Taco Llama on Sherman Way in the valley a few weeks ago. It's a hole in the wall inside a strip mall that has been there for at least 30 years. They have to be doing something right if it still exists today.



We both ordered a plate with 3 Carnitas Tacos. The plate came with a salad, rice, beans and chips. I was blown away on how good they were. It is on the salty side and that is probably why I loved them.


On our way home from Bakersfield, yesterday, Sandi and I decided to stop by Taco Llama as long as we were passing through the valley. This time I wanted to try the other tacos to see if there was something better than the carnitas. I ordered one Carnitas, one Pollo, and an Asada. Though the pollo and asada were good, it didn't come close to the carnitas. Both Sandi and I agreed.


Taco Llama has a new owner and yesterday, I got to meet them. Juan, the son lof the owner and his cousin were busy holding up the fort while Juan's mom was on her way home. Taco Llama is located at 16858 Sherman Way in Van Nuys on the corner of Sherman Way and Balboa. They have multiple locations and different owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment