Thursday, May 31, 2018

Breakfast Pie at Krust

I have seen this Breakfast Pie before but I was totally blinded by the Lemon-Glazed Donut at ;krust that I never had the time to investigate what this pie was all about.  A friend and I went last week and decided to split one only because I had to have the lemon donut as well.



This beautiful pie is as good as it looks and more! It is a brioche bread with potato, cheese, egg and crumbled bacon. How can this not be wonderful? It was delicious. This is a great healthy way to start the morning; protein from the egg, a little fat from the bacon, some starch (this is healthy in my book), and a lemon-glazed donut for dessert. The donut was no longer warm so I had them pop it in the microwave which made the glaze melt a bit and the donut tasted like it just came out of the oven. I was transported to heaven once more.


;krust is located at 1300 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California. They are open at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday to Saturday and close at 3:00 p.m. They open at 8:00 a.m. on Sundays and stay open till 1:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment