Monday, August 1, 2016

Golfer's Lounge at Trump National Golf Club

Sandi had planned to cook after we got back from a movie in L.A. but as we sat on the 405 Freeway at 3:00 pm we knew we were not getting back until 4:00 pm and that's almost dinner (senior) time.

I remember my friend Jody mentioning going to "Happy Hour" at the Trump National Golf Club. I asked Sandi to call to find out the hours on weekdays. The answer was 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm so I drove directly to Trump's. We were chaperoned by the receptionist to the Golfer's Lounge where there was bar and tables and chairs along the window that had the beautiful view of the ocean and Catalina Island.


We were given the Happy Hour Menu.  First things first; in order to be truly happy, we had to order drinks. I had a very dirty martini with 3 olives and Sandi opted for the Chardonnay. One thing that could only be found on the regular menu was their famous Calamari which is so light and crispy. We had to order that with the spicy aioli sauce. We then decided to split a Hamburger on a brioche bread since our server Matt assured us it was big enough to split.


The bill came to $50.14 which was not bad at all. Two alcoholic drinks, 2 entrees and a spectacular ocean view. Service was excellent. As we left the lounge, we noticed a buffet table with food. I asked the receptionist about it and she invited us to take a look. They have "Seafood Buffet Mondays" from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. It looked delicious. I got excited because I recognized some of the dishes which they serve on their incredible Sunday Brunch. I will have to come back and try this at a bargain price of $39.95 per person.

Golfer's Lounge is at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment