Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Burrata with Black Truffles

I was at Bristol Farms Market this afternoon to get my free orange juice but before that I walked by the cheese section and sampled a couple of them. I was there to buy some Burrata cheese since I still had fresh tomatoes from Amy's garden and another that Sandi bought from the Farmers Market. I spotted the Burrata Cheese with Truffles! I have never had that before. I love truffles and I love burrata so how can I go wrong. All I did was cut up the tomatoes, added salt and pepper. I then got one of 2 balls of burrata, opened it up and spread the cheese on top of the tomato; sprinkled a bit more salt and pepper and topped them with fresh basil then poured some Glazed balsamic vinegar.


While I was there, I got a small French baguette and a jar of Rao's Puttanesca Sauce; went on to the produce section and got a small container of ready made greens and French bread croutons. I already had some spaghetti at home. As soon as I got home, I got my spaghetti boat out and proceeded to cook the spaghetti in the microwave. Note: When using the boat, always reduce cooking time to make sure you get the pasta "aldente". I warmed the sauce and just dumped the cooked pasta in it.


The greens I got were so pretty, it had some edible petals that made the salad pop. All I did was add the croutons I bought, poured some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also added salt and pepper. Because of my laziness, instead of having another saucer for the tomatoes, I just topped the salad with the tomato.


Everything was delicious especially with a glass of  Barolo wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment