Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Pan

I had to put a new roof on our house six months ago, our roofer Andrew from American Roofing who by the way did a great job, told me about the restaurant, The Pan in Gardena. He informed me that you usually have to fall in line as it is always crowded because the food is very good and prices are reasonable.

The one time Sandi and  I  made it there was on a Tuesday and we felt so lucky since there was no line. We quickly found out that they are closed on Tuesdays. We also thought of going there with Amy and Nako after our workout at the gym but it was never convenient since we are done by 7:15 a.m. and The Pan does not open till 9 a.m. on weekdays. We all think that is too late for a restaurant to open especially if they serve breakfast.

We finally made it there this morning before it opened. There were 4 people ahead of us so that was a good sign. The place is not big, It is charming inside and has an additional enclosed patio. The menu looked exciting; so exciting that we had to strategize on what to order to make the most of it. Sandi and I did our usual mode of ordering; two entrees to split. We decided on the Original Loaded Hash Browns: 2 eggs cooked any style, sausages, green onions, bacon, jack and cheddar cheese over hash browns topped with chili aioli sauce and choice of toast.


We chose "Best Ever" Banana Pancakes, something we never order but it sounded too good. These pancakes were filled with banana cinnamon puree, topped with bananas, walnuts, whipped butter and powdered sugar. They were super delicious. We both loved them.


The servings were big. Even I could not finish 1/2 the pancakes ( I almost did). I had no trouble with 1/2 of the hash browns. That too was delectable. I didn't even have to add ketchup to my potatoes as it was tasty. The aioli sauce had a bit of a kick which made it more exciting.

We can't wait to go back to try the Chorizo Scramble and the Lemon Pancakes. They are open from 9 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday till 9 p.m. On the weekends, they open at 8 a.m till 10 p.m. The Pan's address is 16601 S. Western Avenue in Gardena, California.


I thank Andrew for telling me about The Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment