Monday, August 22, 2016

Compartés

I saw pictures of these chocolates on the internet and I was hypnotized. I was surprised to find out that Compartés has been around since 1950 and likes of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley were repeat customers. They also have supplied chocolates to events like the Oscars and Emmy's.

I was intrigued by the Roses and Rosé Chocolate Bar. It's a pink chocolate bar infused with rosé wine with edible crystallized rose petals. I totally loved the flavor however I found it to be much too sweet. I shared this with several people and they all thought the same. At $9.95, I would not buy it again.


The other chocolate I ordered was a box of Fleur de Sel (salted) Caramels. This was a winner. Not only did it look beautiful but it was delicious. These homemade salted caramels are made with real Tahitian vanilla beans and French sea salt. The caramels are dipped into a rich dark chocolate. The slight bitterness of the chocolate was perfect with the salted caramel. When you bite into one or if you decide to pop the whole thing in your mouth (I never recommend this as I always think one should take small bites to truly savor the chocolate), the crisp shell cracks and surrenders to the salted caramel which is quite an explosion. At $25.00 for a box of 10, I expect something to happen and indeed it did!



Compartés has 2 locations in Los Angeles; one in Brentwood and the other on Melrose. They also have a website you can order from.

No comments:

Post a Comment