Wednesday, August 3, 2016

BK Bakery Gourmet Cookies

.....and more. This bakery  which opened not too long ago is located where the old Baby Cakes used to be at 24205 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite A in Torrance, California. I went in there 2 weeks ago to find out what the bakery was all about. It is not your typical bakery with bread or pastries. It is not replacing my favorite L'Amande Bakery.

This bakery is all about cookies. I cannot vouch for any other cookies except for the queen of all cookies: the ALFAJORES FINO ( Very fine alfajores) which is a gourmet Peruvian cookie. I fell in love with this Alfajores many years ago when I had the very best made by Mama Ocllo. That was the brand which they used to sell at Whole Foods but have since discontinued selling them. While I was waiting for someone to help me, I glanced around and I saw the name "Mama Ocllo". I spoke to the salesperson, Danaa who is the daughter in law of Rosa, the owner.  I couldn't contain my excitement when I learned that these alfajores are by "Mama Ocllo". The name BK stands for Rosa's grandsons, Ben and Kyle.


The cookies are superb. They are light and very buttery with a little caramel that is not overpowering in the middle. I served some on my last party and people did notice and asked me where I got the cookies. They are not cheap but they are worth every dollar; believe me!


The good news is these alfajores do freeze beautifully so you wouldn't have to go every other day because that's what you'll want to do.

1 comment: