Sunday, July 31, 2016

Tous les Jours

H Mart is a new Korean market that opened a few weeks ago in Torrance, California. I recently went to see what the hype was all about. It is a huge market and I was overwhelmed to see all sorts of food, pots, pans, rice cookers for sale. It is like a combination of a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Mitsuwa and 99cent store.

It was late in the afternoon and my purpose of going was to check out the bakery inside. Tous les Jours, a French bakery which had beautiful cakes, tarts, etc. A white chocolate cake caught my eye. It was expensive and though I wanted to buy it, I couldn't justify buying it for 3 people. I was going to have dinner at Sandi's house and she discouraged me from buying it. Instead, I decided to get several mini cakes. I got an Orange cream and  Mango; they called these cakes "tart". and a Blueberry Yogurt cake.. The cakes were all $5.50 except for the Blueberry Yogurt which was $5.00.





When it was time to eat it, I discovered that the lady gave me and charged me for 4 items. I only bought 3. I ended up with an extra Blueberry tart which I did not order but paid for. The cakes were disappointing. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. The cake part of these tarts were gritty or grainy; almost like a cornbread. The best one was the Blueberry Yogurt; it was light, not too sweet though the blueberries were a bit sour. There were too many items displayed. I would still like to try the white cake and the tiramisu. To be fair, I will have to go back and explore the rest of the items. As for now, I am not impressed.


Tous les Jours is located inside Torrance H Mart at 4340 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment