Thursday, July 7, 2016

4th of July Barbecue

I didn't have a barbecue at home this year since everyone already had plans to do something. At the last minute, Sandi announced she was going to make some Ribs. The only problem was she didn't have much space as she was having wood floors installed in her house. We would have to eat at her kitchen table. Not a problem for me. Since most things were out of place or moved and stored in the garage, I told her I would bring paper plates and plastic champagne/wine glasses and napkins.

When I went in my pantry to look for the items, I could not find any red or blue plates but I did find red reindeer Christmas plates; good enough. Then I found some wine glasses in one bag and got some bottom parts for the wine glasses in another bag.

When I got to Sandi's house, I tried to assemble the wine glasses, I discovered that I must have grabbed the wrong bottoms for the glasses. When I  picked up the glass, the bottom stayed on the table! Luckily we were able to find 3 wine glasses which we used for our champagne. By the time I poured the champagne, Sandi got out a big tray of barbecue ribs from the oven she cooked for several hours; a recipe of her son. The meat of the ribs came off with one bite. The sauce she used was from Lucille's Barbecue Restaurant. It was truly finger or fork licking good! She served this with potato salad I brought, oranges marinated in ginger and honey and a corn/tomato side dish that Aaron cooked. Everything came together perfectly. I was impressed with Aaron's corn dish that today, I ordered a corn cob cutter so I can try and replicate his masterpiece.


It just goes to show you  that sometimes the unplanned dinners with Christmas paper plates on the Fourth of July can be one of the best dinners ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment