Thursday, July 28, 2016

Little Next Door

This quaint brasserie and wine bar is located at 8142 W. 3rd St. in Los Angeles. It is almost the end of the dinela week and I haven't been able to take advantage of it because of a busy schedule. Yesterday, 3 of my friends and I went to see a Japanese movie "Our Little Sister" at the Laemmle Royal in Santa Monica. I had to pick a restaurant that had some vegetable or fish on the menu for my vegetarian friend and make sure there was beef on the menu for the 3 other carnivores. 


We started with a nice bottle of champagne. The dinela menu had something for everyone.


They asked us if we would like some bread; of course we did after all we aren't the "Beverly Hills" type housewives that deprive ourselves from the "evil" carbs! In fact we are all carb lovers. We started with the appetizers. Sandi and Sujata picked Farmer's Market Vegetable  & Orzo Salad. Mertz had the Roasted Duck Leg Confit and I had the Stuffed Calamari. We all were very happy with what we picked. 


For our entrees, Sujata and Mertz had the Basil Pesto Fettuccine, Sandi had the Roasted Chicken Breast with Madeira Mushroom Sauce and I ordered the Moules Frites. I figured that since this was a French restaurant, the mussels would be good. I was right; the mussels were delicious and so were the fries which I ended up dumping them in the sauce when I finished all the mussels. Sandi had only 3 or 4 bites of her chicken as she was too full (but not for dessert). The Fettuccine was disappointing. Both Sujata and Mertz were not happy.  I did have a bite and it was just not good. One should follow the wise rule not to order anything Italian at a French restaurant.


We all wanted the same dessert: Peach and Lemon Basil Tart with marscapone cream. We were once again very happy. We all cleaned our plates. I have to mention that we were all hot (temperature wise) and I asked if they had air condition and our server informed me they only had fans. The doors were open but it was still in the 80's. That, plus consumption of alcohol made us even hotter. The heat definitely affected the receptionist who was half naked and we thought was not appropriately dressed for a restaurant that caters to families as well. Oh well, c'est la vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment