Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Krispy Kreme

I used to be able to eat 5 maybe 6 Krispy Kreme  Doughnuts one after the other when it was nice and hot. It didn't seem like a lot since they always handed me one while I waited and somehow, that did not seem to count. Gone are those days. The last time I was at a Krispy Kreme was in Gardena, they informed me that they stopped giving freebies. That was the last time I bought a few dozen glazed doughnuts.

While we were in Bakersfield, California, we saw a Krispy Kreme and it brought back memories. Sandi did not object to stopping  for breakfast. We tried a few flavored ones to share: maple, blueberry and sour cream along with the glazed. Sandi thought the maple was too sweet. I had a bite of the blueberry and was not impressed. The sour cream smelled like blueberry and even tasted like blueberry. I did not like it at all.


A server came by which surprised me, to ask how everything was. I was honest and told her the sour cream tasted like blueberry so she offered to replace it. I asked for a glazed doughnut and she came back with not 1 but 3 glazed donuts! They may not have offered a freebie before we purchased anything but I ended up with 2 extra ones. Sandi and I bought a dozen each to take home to enjoy and freeze.


I had forgotten how good they are; they are literally softer and fluffier than marshmallows. I am talking about fresh hot ones. The following day, I popped them in the microwave for 10 seconds and it tasted nice and fresh. I only ate 3 of them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment