Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sandi's Belated Birthday Party

Since we were getting ready to go the Philippines around Sandi's birthday last May, she decided to celebrate it when we got back. We told her to keep it simple. She planned to make Tacos and just have different fillings and everyone make their own. Sounds great but since Sandi is incapable of doing anything small and simple, we all had to put up with lots of food! I made margaritas to go with the tacos.

Before anything else, we had to pass on the traditional birthday balloon. I had it last so I went to Party World to have it filled with helium. I had my friend Gigi with me and she was in charge of taking it the car. While I was opening the trunk of the car, I heard her scream. The balloon flew up in the sky and she was still holding on the big tail. I went in to let them know that obviously they didn't do a good job tying it to the tail. The lady said she did tie it well and she wanted to charge me for another balloon for $12. I was not leaving there without a balloon and was not paying for their mistake. I finally got another one!


Back to the party, Sandi's table was far from simple. She made soft tacos with fillings like chicken and shrimp. Sue made her famous corn tamales which were delicious. Aside from the chips and  3 different kinds of salsa, we had rice, refried beans, black beans and salads.


What's a party without cake. Sandi made a Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake and of course another dessert in case someone didn't like chocolate. She made her famous Key Lime Pie with a chocolate crust. I am sure that her intention was to make everyone so full that we would just roll down her driveway on our way home. Everyone had fun including the only male friend, Piero.


The birthday balloon waits at Sandi's house but not for long. Cindy's birthday is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment