Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Very Happy Hour at Cafe Pacific

I took my dear friend Gigi who was here from the Philippines for a drink at Cafe Pacific at Trump National Golf Club. The weather was beautiful and the setting against the Pacific Ocean was breathtaking.


We sat at the bar and we both ordered the Lemon Martini. One sip and we knew we would not be having more than one as it was strong and delicious. We had to order something to go with our strong drink and what better appetizer to order than their famous Fried Calamari with spicy aioli sauce.


I love their Fresh Oysters so I ordered half a dozen. I had to make Gigi promise to try at least one as she never liked oysters. I was hopeful that this would be life changing for her. After I squeezed all the juice out of the lemons, I proceeded in putting a dab of hot sauce on them. I wanted to try it first to make sure it was fresh and delectable. It passed the test. It was Gigi's turn. She looked at me with the hopeful expression that I would understand her dilemma and that I would just tell her to forget it if she really didn't want to. I gave her "the look" Mother Superior would have given her student and just told her to slurp and swallow. She did and to her surprise, she agreed it was not bad. It was the consistency that bothered her the most.


We had such a wonderful time reminiscing as we don't get to talk as often as we would like. When we do get together, it's like we were never apart and that's the beauty of real friendship.

By the time we left, the sun was about to set which made for a nice background photo.


Trump National Golf Club is located in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment