Friday, June 3, 2016

Cibo

This Italian restaurant in the Philippines has been in business for many years and for good reason. The owner/chef, Gaita Fores has been voted Asia's Best Female Chef in 2016.

I have always loved her pasta; consistently aldente and delicious. I remember her Tiramisu which was a bit crunchy. While walking along one of the malls, we bumped into one of the Cibo's. Hungry or not, we walked in, sat down and started studying the menu. We first ordered the Limonata; fresh lemon squash soda. This was so refreshing and enjoyable. For our pasta dish we ordered 2 pastas to share. The Penne All' Amado, braised beef ossobucco, parmesan and the Spaghettini Al Tris Di Formaggio Salsa Tarfufata; butter, fontina, goat cheese parmesan in mushroom-truffle and cream. Though the penne was good, the spaghettini was so good that when we went back a few days later, we each ordered one.


Since Sandi does not like Tiramisu, I didn't order one since I knew I would not be able to eat the entire thing. I still plan to go back one of these days to have the tiramisu. In the meantime, I came across and old email from my brother talking about the Mango Panna Cotta. This is another reason to go back.

Cibo has multiple locations throughout Metro Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment