Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dominique's Kitchen

When my friend Gigi was here from the Philippines, the first restaurant I had to take her was Dominique's Kitchen. She loved the Garlic Fries with mayonnaise for appetizer. We both had the Caesar salad and for entree she chose the Short Ribs and I had the Rib Eye. Both of which I have had many times in the past.


For dessert, I had to order the impressive Baked Alaska. We had a new server and I told him to burn it. He really torched it and I was afraid it might have been too much. To my surprise, we both loved it. Gigi could not stop talking about how everything was good from beginning to end.


A week later, my nephew Andre arrived with his wife Ela, 7 year old daughter Sab and a brand new month old baby boy named Sky. They all have been to Dominique's before except for Sky who was well behaved and slept through the entire dinner. We ordered the Garlic fries which is always a crowd-pleaser. Andre had the Rib Eye this time. Ela ordered the famous Roasted Chicken with garlic fries which she shared with Sab. I had the Fillet of Sole this time. It was delicious and fresh as ever. 


By popular demand, dessert had to be Baked Alaska again. This time I didn't have Robert burn it too much since we were all sharing it. Funny, everyone liked the burnt part!


Dominique's Kitchen is at 522 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California. I am elated that they are still there and doing well. When you have good food and service at reasonable prices, people will always come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment