Friday, June 17, 2016

MasterCard Priceless Table/ Chef Michael Voltaggio

When I asked my brother Gary if he would be free for a special dinner event at ink restaurant for his birthday, he immediately said: "Yes". Within minutes, he called back and asked if I could get another pair of tickets for Ramon and Milena. I later found out that these tickets sold out within 15 minutes. The lyrics to a song from the Sound of Music came to mind; ....something in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.


The event started on time at 6:30 p.m. As we walked in, there were trays of champagne, a refreshing cucumber drink and something that looked like a healthy drink which I stayed away from. I was happy with champagne. Hors d'oeuvres came at a steady pace. Foie gras-strawberry yuzu pops looked so appetizing. I only eat foie gras terrine. I was not sure if I would like it so I had Milena try it first. I immediately got her seal of approval. I tried it and was so happy I did. It tasted like whipped butter with sweet strawberry. Then came the Caviar Cannoli with sour cream and chives. OMG, I could not believe how truly wonderful they were; I could have eaten 6 easily and I think I did for every time it came by me, I had to get one. The Egg Yolk Gnocchi were also delicious. I have had those before and have always loved them. When you bite into these tender gnocchi, the egg yolk burst in your mouth like fireworks bursting in air.


As soon as we were all seated, Chef Voltaggio welcomed everyone and explained the 4 course dinner with wine pairings. The four of us were seated with 2 gentlemen whom we got to know in the course of the evening. They were both foodies so we all had a lot in common.


We were all given a menu on a piece of wood with Chef Voltaggio's signature on the back. It was an incredible 4 course dinner with the perfect wine pairing. Aside from the dishes on the menu, we were also served one of my favorite dishes; Corn with housemade ranch foritos.


At the end of the evening, each guest was handed a bag with Chef Voltaggio's book signed by him. In addition to that, he graciously personalized the dedication. As an extra treat, he posed for pictures with his guests.


To sum up our experience on the outstanding food, service and the event, the only word that comes to mind is one I have previously used to describe ink: SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS.

This MasterCard Priceless event was truly PRICELESS.


1 comment: