Sunday, August 23, 2015

Yellow Vase

It's been at least 3 years since I have been to the Yellow Vase in Rolling Hills Estates. The only reason I haven't been was the opening of L'Amande Bakery in Torrance. Once you've had the best, it is hard to go anywhere else. Since the closure of my favorite bakery, I thought I would venture on to both old and new places. After all, life goes on.

After attending mass up the hill, Sandi and I thought it would be a great idea to try Yellow Vase. She has never been there. I had forgotten how cute and cozy it is decorated mostly the color scheme of yellow and blue with a yellow rose on each table.  We ordered the "Morning" Crepe which has scrambled eggs, ham and cheese and the Brioche French Toast with toasted almonds and strawberries.

The crepe came with a salad. Had one bite of it and that was it....very sour. That was not a good thing to experience at 8:45 in the morning.  Sandi didn't even try after she saw the expression on my face. We both imagined the crepe to have fluffy scrambled eggs with ham and melted Swiss cheese inside. Our imagination may have run wild. The crepe was doughy, could hardly see anything scrambled. There was something yellow (went with the decor) stuck to the inside of the doughy crepe and there were slices of ham.



The French Toast looked good and I do remember having it and thinking it was good. Sandi and I did not like it. It looked better than it tasted. The problem was it was not soaked long enough in the egg and milk mixture. The inside was dry.


The Yellow Vase has several locations in the Palos Verdes area and in Redondo Beach. I am sorry to say, it was not worth our time having breakfast there. I will continue to wish and pray that L'Amande Bakery come back soon and "rock" the South Bay like they used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment