Sunday, August 30, 2015

Farewell to JuJuya

Today is a sad day. It is the last evening Chef Mako will be working his magic at his restaurant. This was the hill's pride and joy. I called it my little "Nobu".


I met my friend Cora and though she has never been to the restaurant because of her very busy schedule, she was happy to have been able to sample the wonderful food.


We started with the Yellowtail Carpaccio with sizzling sesame ginger garlic sauce followed by the the Crab Spring Rolls with tarragon aioli. I had to order the Crispy Oysters with basil sauce and black olive tapenade. These are absolutely delicious. The Miso Chilean Sea Bass that is not to be missed was not missed! The flaky fresh fish had a nice flavor and went well with the rice they served.


We ended with the Caterpillar which consisted of salmon, smoked trout, avocado and wasabi sour cream. Dessert was going to be the Apple Tart in which I usually order with 2 scoops of caramel ice cream. While we waited for our apple tart, the manager Q. brought us a cheesecake since they ran out of apple tarts. The cheesecake was delicious. Just as we finished it, a server brought us the apple tart with the ice cream. So we had to force ourselves to eat some of it. We did a great job as we cleaned both plates!


JuJuya was the best restaurant in the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Note to the chef:  I will truly miss you and I wish you success on your next endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment