Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pasta Con Crema di Gorgonzola

This recipe is from Sophia Loren, taken from her book: Sophia Loren's Recipes & Memories. I have had this book forever and occasionally I try a recipe or two.


I made the Pasta con Crema di Gorgonzola; Pasta with Gorgonzola cream sauce. If you like the strong flavor of Gorgonzola, you will like this recipe. Though the recipe suggest using Gorgonzola dolce, I used the regular Gorgonzola since it was too much trouble trying to find the "dolce" kind.

I served a salad with Jalapeno olive oil and Peach balsamic vinegar. I also served Parmigiano-rosemary rolls I got from Trader Joe's. The pasta was very good according to my guest though my husband commented that it needed substance. I think he meant meat! I had to agree with him. Since I had a lot of left overs, I will be adding cooked chicken or sausage to give it more "substance".


The recipe is very easy and though it called for rigatoni or tagliolini, I used penne which worked just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment