Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dominique's Special Kitchen

This really is a special kitchen. Last week we were there and because I left my phone at home, I took pictures from Sandi's phone of the wonderful Kale Watermelon Salad, a Ribeye, Filet Mignon and the ever so fresh and wonderful Sole. For dessert we had a Mango Panna Cotta and a Lemon Creme Brulee. The following day, Sandi's "Gallery" on her smartphone suffered a stroke! Her pictures vanished. We managed to get 1 picture of us except for the person taking the photo.  I was determined to go back as soon as possible and hopefully duplicate the meal we had.


Last night was our opportunity. It was time to take our friend Tom for a belated birthday dinner. Dominique's Kitchen was one of his favorite places to go. He especially loves their Cheese Fondue which is absolutely the best ever. We had to order some Truffle Fries which is a must if you're going to blow your diet anyway. I have said this many times in the past, that the best way to eat this is to dump the fries in the fondue; it saves a lot of time and the fries get coated evenly with the delicious alcoholic cheese. Don't worry as it won't have time to get soggy! Picture of truffle fries below is "pre" dumping.


I ordered the Watermelon Salad because I thought it was the same salad we had. It was not; because this salad had calamari which I like but Sandi does not. I asked our server about it and that's when she said that what we ordered last week was the Kale Watermelon. Tom and I liked it though I preferred the other one since it had more texture to it.

Tom ordered the Ribeye which my brother had last week and didn't get to try. I had a bite of it this time and loved the flavor. Sandi had the Sole with spinach which she had last week and wanted a rerun. I ordered the special of the evening Beef Bourguignon with their very fine mashed potatoes. I loved it and can still taste the sauce. The meat was so tender you did not need a knife.


Both Tom and Sandi suggested we only order 1 dessert. It was unanimous...it had to be the Lemon Creme Brulee. Deeelicious. I just have to remember to request them to really burn the top next time; that is if Dominique allows them to.......Thanks to Liza and Dominique who is just shrinking away (looking good)!


No comments:

Post a Comment