Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ruby's on the Hill

After Saturday mass, my friend Mimi and I went to Ruby's. She could not forget how good the Clam Chowder was the last time so she ordered a bowl. This clam chowder is so thick that you really get a good feeling in your tummy.


I knew I wanted a burger and there were a few that looked tempting but ended up ordering the Mushroom Swiss Burger. It comes in a regular bun but I opted for sourdough; our server informed me there was a minimal extra charge since they baked their bread in house. I took the plunge and went for it. I really should have ordered a DIET drink with this burger and fries. Should have but did not.....instead I had to have my very favorite Coffee Shake (they make the best). Because of the zillion calories, I sacrificed and had the "Kid" size.


One thing about Ruby's Diner, it is consistently good. It is a family restaurant, so usually there are a ton of kids and may sometimes be noisy. If you're not on a hot date and want to enjoy comfort food, this is still a good place to go.

Ruby's Diner is located on the Promenade in the Peninsula at 550 Deep Valley Dr. Rolling Hills Estates in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment