Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Standing Room; Still Standing

Haven't been to this place in a long time and since I have studied their menu in the past, I have always wanted to try their burgers, particularly The Napoleon. My favorite has always been the soft shell crab which is delicious.
See prior blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/standing-room.html

Sandi and I agreed to try it so I called in the order for 1 Napoleon and 1 Oscar which is the Soft Shell Crab. We got there and we immediately drove back to her house to split both sandwiches. Though they now have a few chairs at the parking lot, we didn't feel like eating our early dinner there as it was chilly.

I unwrapped the Napoleon and was shocked to see how humongous it was. Let me tell you what was inside this sandwich. It had 1/2 lb. of pattie, bacon, smoked gouda, cheddar, caramelized onions, spring mix topped with......are you ready?......braised short rib, fried egg (cooked well done), and some truffle parmesan fries....yes, fries inside the sandwich! We ordered an order of the truffle fries as we didn't know the sandwich came with it.  We cut it in 1/2 , it was not easy handling it let alone opening my mouth wide enough to bite into it. Make no mistake, I was game enough and was successful in eating the rest of it without a fork or knife. I manged to convince Sandi to do the same. It was very good but very filling!



We also had to eat the 1/2 of the Oscar. The Soft Shell Crab was very crispy.  The Thai crab mayonnaise gave it a little spunk, the avocado added some creaminess to it and was topped  with the bubu arare (balls).  I enjoyed this as I previously have; sadly, Sandi could not finish her portion. Remember we had an extra order of truffle parmesan fries.



Food is very good at this place though you have to be prepared to eat in your car or the parking lot because by the time you get home, the food is just not hot anymore. The good news is they will be opening a full service restaurant in Hermosa Beach next month, in March 2014. I can't wait for that.  If the opening is delayed for some reason and you can't wait to try the many exciting sandwiches, you may visit The Standing Room at 144 N. Catalina Ave. in Redondo Beach, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment