Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Left Overs from Friends

My closest friends know I always welcome left overs and am always willing to try their experiments. Today my friend Amy came over to drop off some pulled pork that Lisa made and some healthy looking salad which was apparently Quinoa with all sorts of vegetables.

Earlier in the day, Sandi called me and asked if I wanted the rest of the Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake she made yesterday which I had and was just delicious. You can guess what my answer was... "I'll pick it up when you get home from work." She also gave me some left over polenta she made.

I got home and decided to fry the polenta. Sandi and I had a dish at a restaurant wherein they had the polenta fried and crispy as a base for short ribs.  I didn't go for presentation. I just got a chunk of the polenta and fried it in butter and as soon as it was a bit brown, I decided it was done. I then topped the polenta with the pulled pork and served it with the quinoa salad. Though the appearance was not too appealing, the taste was amazing and truly delicious.


It was a light dinner and appropriately followed by a light dessert. I told Sandi  yesterday that her cake was an A  but could be an A+ if she had an extra layer of the frosting in the middle of her cake.  She agreed, so today she gave me extra frosting to enjoy. We did enjoy this very light and moist cake.


So to Lisa, Amy and Sandi, I say:  Thanks for the left overs.


No comments:

Post a Comment