Saturday, February 8, 2014

Salted Caramel Coffee Balls

By now you must have heard of the Salted Caramel Balls which I have blogged about in the past. Today, it's brother was born.......Salted Caramel COFFEE Balls. I called L'Amande Bakery in Torrance this morning and they informed me that they would be out around 9:30 a.m. I got there shortly before 10:00 and there was a line. I hate lines but there are a few things I don't mind lining up for.... I was hoping my patience would be rewarded.

I only ordered 3 because I know that tomorrow, they will be making more and of course, the fresher the better. As soon as I got home, I decided to just eat half and share the other half with my husband and keep the other 2 for dessert tonight. I normally do not like cutting into a ball but I felt I had to. The coffee filling inside looked good and it was good to see that there was enough of it unlike your typical jelly donuts with just a squirt of jelly.



As soon as you bit into it, more filling oozed out which guaranteed a 1:1 ratio of every bite with the coffee filling. You could taste the coffee which was wonderful with the gooey salted caramel top and the chewy dough. If you like anything coffee, you are guaranteed to love these balls.


Like I said in the past, they make the best balls in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment