Friday, February 7, 2014

Palmeri Ristorante

We found this restaurant quite by accident. Four of us were looking for a nice place for lunch in the Brentwood area. We didn't have time to do our research so we thought we would just drive and see what looked interesting.  We spotted an Italian restaurant on the corner of San Vicente and Darlington in Brentwood. We arrived before noon.

This is (excuse the corniness) a darling place. Travertine floors, Murano glass fixtures and Italian servers to go with the ambiance. Our server Marco was just delightful. We didn't have a lot of time so we went straight to the pasta dishes. Alma ordered  an appetizer which she happily shared. It was Fresh Mushroom Salad with white asparagus and endive in a black pepper vinaigrette. I make something like it but this had more substance; delicious.  Three of us wanted wine but we really didn't want to order a bottle since both Raymond and I had to drive some distance, so we opted for half a bottle of a very nice Brunello.




I was about to order the Tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce till I heard the special for the day, which was Pappardelle with Osso Buco. I was happy to hear that Raymond was ordering my 2nd choice, the tagliatelle so I could always have a taste.  Marco came by to offer some grated parmesan. Before I could say anything, Alma told him how I like a lot of cheese. He sprinkled some on my dish and hers AND informed us that he would leave the container full of cheese on our table. I was very happy.
The pappardelle was wonderful and so was the bolognese. Both pastas were really aldente. This took me back to a small ristorante in Roma. My husband who is not fond of pasta ordered the Bistecchina with mushrooms (little beef steak) sandwich. I had a bite of his sandwich after I inhaled my pasta. It was also very good.




Thank God, Raymond did not finish his pasta only because he was already full. He previously announced that I would get his left over. After a couple of bites, I asked him: "Haven't you had enough.?" I wanted to be sure I would have enough for lunch the following day.

Since we all ate at great speed, there was time for dessert. Alma had the Panna Cotta and my husband and I both ordered the Tiramisu. The panna cotta was light as a feather, not sweet however the pretty little red things; strawberries were a bit sour.  The tiramisu was excellent! It was a huge portion and I just couldn't finish it.....I left 3 bites.



We are all eager to go back to this nice Italian restaurant and try the many other exciting things on their menu. When we got there before noon, the restaurant was empty, however by 12:30 it was quite full.

We enjoyed conversing with Marco. Thanks Marco for taking good care of us but if I may suggest:
I would prefer a black napkin next time as when I left the restaurant, my pants were full of white lint. Other than that, everything else was perfetto. Grazie...................See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment