Thursday, June 27, 2013

L'Amande's BLT

This is not your ordinary Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich. It is neither your elaborate BLT wherein there is so much stuff in there that you hardly recognize what you're eating.  This is a very simple yet sophisticated grown up BLT.

I first had it a few days ago when I wanted to get something to take home. I was in for a shock. The sandwich had a few interesting flavors.  There were of course your usual ingredients of lettuce, tomato, and  smoked applewood bacon in a pain de mie (bread).  I was able to detect a bit of mustard and something sweet which I just loved with the bacon. I later found out that the sweetness came from dates! They were probably pureed; I don't know and don't really care....it was just super delicious.


L'Amande Bakery at the Rolling Hills Plaza  in Torrance, added a bunch of new items to their menu and this was one of them. It looks like I will have to do my usual investigation to find out what else I can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment