Monday, June 17, 2013

Cream Puffs ala L'Amande

This past weekend was the debut of L'Amande's Cream Puffs.  I bought 6 of them and served them for dessert for my dinner guests. My dinner was only the trailer of the evening. The dessert was the main event.

These cream puffs were different as the custard was not overpowering.  When I eat a pastry with a custard filling, I usually discard 1/2 the custard as it  is usually too heavy or too sweet.  I am happy to report that I was able to consume all of the custard in the cream puff. The dark chocolate topping cracked as you bit into it or cut into it with a fork. (I tried both ways)



The secret to the success of these cream puffs....quality of all the ingredients they use. You don't have to be a pastry chef to recognize that the best quality equals the best pastries.

Below is a picture of my niece Aimee, her husband Elliot and my husband Otto; all looking very happy.


L'Amande Bakery is located at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrnace, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment