Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dylan's Candy Bar

"I felt like  kid in a candy store" ....ohhh wait.... I was in a candy store, though not a kid.  I have heard of Dylan's before but I had no idea where it was. Last week while walking along the many stores at "The Grove", in Los Angeles, I discovered Dylan's.



Wow, all sorts of candies, chocolates, toys, and anything you can imagine that has something to do with candies. They even had cute t-shirts and cut out leggings, and for dog lovers, dog accessories. What caught my attention were the chocolate covered gummy bears which I have purchased numerous times in a store nearby my house. What I got all excited about were the WHITE chocolate gummy bears. I have never seen that in my lifetime!


I also purchased a chocolate bar made by Galler Chocolatier from Belgium. This was no ordinary chocolate bar. This was White Chocolate Coffee; I have never encountered such a species! This little species cost $6.00. I must say that it was worth $6.00. The strong coffee flavor inside the sweet white chocolate was a nice combination. This one is not for you, Sandi. (she hates anything coffee-quite odd)


Dylan's Candy Bar originated in New York, with other locations in Miami Beach, East Hampton, Houston, and Los Angeles.  It is owned by Dylan Lauren who was fascinated and inspired by the movie Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory since she was 5 years old. She also happens to be Ralph Lauren's daughter.


My only regret is I wanted to buy one of the cute little candy jars that had your name on it like: "Cindy's Candies" They had a lot of male and female names but they didn't have my nickname which is Candy. So no Candy's candy......not even Karina. They will have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment