Friday, September 28, 2012

Whoo-ah ! Bread Pudding

This is no ordinary bread pudding.  In fact, it is the perfect bread pudding which is served with  a burnt salted caramel sauce.



I had it literally out of the oven and I thought I was going to pass out. It was just wonderful.  I took some home and I experimented to see how it would taste at room temperature.  It was still very good.



The following day, after being refrigerated overnight, I had a bite of it cold...though I like cold desserts,  I did not like it as the pudding became more of a "pudding" and was almost heavy.  So, in the microwave it went for several seconds.  It was like Lazarus coming back from the dead!  It was just as delicious as the first time but maybe a tad better as everything seemed to be more harmonious.  The texture was back to it's original form which was more like a souffle. 



This bread pudding from L'Amande Bakery in Torrance is not always available.  It will be made to order and order I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment