Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Preview of Tarts to Come

I happened to be at the right place at the right time.  When I went to L'Amande Bakery this afternoon, three more tarts were born.  Baby pear, baby plum and baby fig.



I had to try all of them but didn't want to look like a pig and eat it right there, though I could have very well done that with no problem.  I told them I was going to take it home so my husband and I could have it for dessert.

We had it for dessert. We split them and I served them with whipped cream. It was sheer delight! I could not even pick which I liked best.  It is like asking a mother to pick her favorite child.  I suppose it will depend on what fruit you favor....but you must take my word for it...they were so good and flaky, just like the apple tart I had yesterday.



My husband did not get to taste the apple tart as I consumed that baby at the bakery. So when I gave him 1/2 of each of the tarts tonight, I instructed him on how to properly eat them to get the full benefit.  Even with the whipped cream on top, I asked him to pick it up like a pizza because if you eat it with a fork, you compress the light buttery layers of flaky dough therefore making it a tiny bit doughy. When you take a bite, you get to taste the individual layers that are just yummmmy!

Can't wait till the end of October when these babies will hopefully be in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment