Friday, September 7, 2012

Viva Lunada Bayhouse

Formerly Viva La Pasta but now a totally different restaurant, Lunada Bayhouse located in the beautiful Palos Verdes Peninsula,  is still good if not better from my last visit.

They had oysters on the shell but no oysters Rockefeller which I had previously.  I told our server how I really enjoyed the Rockefeller; she quickly vanished as she asked the chef if he could make some for us; she promptly appeared with the good news that the chef would indeed make them for us. There were 6 in our party so I ordered 2 plates.  I forgot that 2 people did not eat oysters....no problem....more oysters for the remaining four.



My husband had the flat iron steak which was grilled and sliced, topped with mushrooms, crispy onions, with Merlot reduction, garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. My cousin ordered the roasted corn and blue crab bisque which was served with garlic croutons and that was delicious.  One ordered the jumbo coconut  rum shrimp which also looked good except I don't like coconut so I didn't try it.  I had the veal piccata with capers and lemon butter. I loved my dish served with potatoes and vegetables. My vegetarian niece had the the four cheese ravioli with spinach, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and a tomato basil cream sauce. Before that, she had the warm goat cheese salad which she said was good. My other niece had the sauteed sea scallops served over baby spinach cooked in garlic, lemon and white wine. I think I might try that next time.






 
 

They have a lot more on the menu which needs investigating and investigating I must do.


1 comment: