Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Green Tea Donuts

Let me start by saying I don't really like green tea. Green tea, green tea ice cream or any green tea desserts. I know it is good for you.  Eight years ago, I thought I would be kind to my body so I drank green tea with my lunch at work. I did this for a year or so.  Then, I got breast cancer.... I am fine now. The green tea didn't help so that was the last time I had it.

My niece Aimee told me about the green tea donuts at Cafe Dulce at Little Tokyo in Los Angeles.  It didn't sound exciting enough.  As far as I know, Cafe Dulce is synonymous with bacon donuts. I have made many trips to get there when they come out of the oven at around 11:00 a.m.

Last week, Aimee brought a bunch of the green tea donuts. It looked green; after all they are made with green tea.  I took one bite and the creamy custard oozed out of the donut.  It was delicious. The custard was not too sweet. It was just the right amount of sweetness.




I wonder if there has been a study wherein a green tea donut a day keeps the doctor away?


No comments:

Post a Comment