Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Comfort Food

I haven't been out of the house since my  husband got back from the hospital. Some of my dear friends have gotten dearer to me.  They brought food for us. There's nothing like someone else's cooking.  Amy brought some stuffed bell peppers which were from their garden; and she baked a whole apple pie; apples from their tree of course!



Sandi brought chicken with brussels sprouts and bacon with a side of sweet potatoes. She also brought 2 desserts she purchased from Chantilly in Lomita.

 
 

The combination of the Sandi's chicken and Amy's stuffed bell peppers were perfect.



My friend Ana, brought some pastries from my favorite bakery (L'Amande) in Torrance, and a loaf of bread. In my excitement, I forgot to take pictures.

These meals were good for several dinners. In addition to these ready made meals, Amy brought some fresh tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini.

Last night I made an omelet with mushrooms and eggplant with some brie cheese which was delicious along with the fresh bread from L'Amande.



With some left over fresh eggplant and mushrooms, I decided to cook some penne pasta with truffle butter, truffle oil and a bit of cream. It turned out to be very good. I served that with a salad made from lettuce also from Amy and Nako's garden. I know what you're thinking....is there anything that doesn't grow in their garden?



Many thanks to Amy, Ana and Sandi. I wanted to be politically correct so I listed your names in alphabetical order.

No comments:

Post a Comment