Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tarts for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just around the corner; and if you're like me, I like to plan ahead. Aside from the normal turkey and pumpkin pie, it is nice to have something different other than pumpkin pie. I for one do not like pumpkin pie. It reminds me of something which I will not mention.

I was at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance for brunch today and I got a preview of things to come. Three of the desserts they will be making for Thanksgiving are: apple tart, almond honey, and pistachio honey tart. We started with the apple tart. This was simply deeelicious.  I found that picking it up like a pizza is the best way to enjoy it because if you use a fork, it compresses the flakiness of the tart as it does not have any filling. If you take a bite, you will notice the crispiness of the tart. The almond honey and the pistachio were just as delicious. The almond and the pistachio fillings were dense in a good way and almost creamy.  The best part was; it was not too sweet like  baklava which can sometimes be overpowering.


I had to take a picture of the slices to give you an idea of how flaky the and light these tarts are and believe it or not, they even taste better than it looks.....if that's possible!



I don't know about you but I am putting my order in for those tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment