Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicken Goulash

If you don't have time to eat out, or you think it is too hot or cold to get dressed and sit in a restaurant, consider getting something "to go" from a restaurant.

This afternoon was just that time to get something for dinner.  I went to Cafe Cegos at 777 Deep Valley Dr. in Rolling Hills Estates.  Aside from their signature lamb chops and filet mignon with green peppercorn sauce, they have some lighter dishes.

I decided to get their chicken goulash with homemade spatzle (German noodles). Their spatzle is the best! It is perfect not only with the goulash but with the veal which they serve and is called Jaeger schnitzel (my favorite).





When you order the goulash, make sure you tell them your preference as to mild or spicy. It sometimes depends which cook is on duty. I have had it mild and spicy at well.

Their fish is always fresh. Not to be missed is their poached salmon with cucumber salad.  I must say that when I ordered the poached salmon at the famous Fouquet's in Paris a few years ago, I was disappointed because it was not better that Cafe Cegos.
Just goes to show you, you don't have to travel to Paris to get good salmon; but by all means, travel to Paris because .......it's Paris!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment