Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Very First Food Truck




They say: "You never forget your first kiss" I know I'll never forget my first food truck experience. My foodie friend Jodie told me about the food truck being on 7th St. in San Pedro, CA. the first Thursday of each month. She had a head start last month and insisted I go with her this month; start the new year right.

She was absolutely right about the Lobsta Truck. Had the lobster roll. The pictures I have do not do any justice as they were taken in the dark with my not so smart phone. The sandwich was served on what looked like a hot dog bun but smaller and lighter. The bun had the consistency of a brioche. It was overstuffed with big chunks of lobster. You have a choice of mayo or butter. I asked for both of course. One can easily eat 2 of these but we restrained ourselves since there were more trucks to investigate.

Our next truck was the Tornado Potato. We shared a tornado potato which looked quite interesting served on a skewer. They had all sorts of flavors; Jodie decided on the aioli parmesan w/ garlic. Then we thought we should try the We Got Balls Truck. We shared (2 baby sandwiches) the IncrediBalls which were meatballs made w/ground kobe beef with bacon,gruyere cheese, arugula,garlic aioli on a toasted miniature brioche.

They had a chocolate chip cookie truck but it didn't look exciting so we decided to end our experience on a good note. FYI, there were stores along the street selling jewelry, clothing and some art galleries...can't tell you much about that since our only goal was to experience the Trucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment