Monday, January 9, 2012

Montmartre Bakery



There is a Japanese-French bakery at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance that has been there for over a year. I notice more and more that my car goes on the "auto pilot" mode and before I know it, I am there buying the ham and cheese croissant with cream cheese for lunch, or experimenting on the different pastries that are very good. They are not too sweet therefore you do not get sick of it and again, before you know what hit you, you will find yourself at Montmartre.

They also have a variety of bread; raisin, milk, marble (these are all delicious lightly toasted with butter).

The pasty chef and owner of this bakery is Tom Fujitaka. You often see him in the back busy working on his creations. He also owns Mammoth Bakery which is inside Marukai in Torrance. FYI, pastries are not sold at that store, just bread. Tom worked in New York and prior to that he worked at a gourmet bakery at Le Bon Marche in Paris.

If you are a tiramisu fan, you will love his as you can really taste the espresso in it. The millefeuille,one of my favorites,is light and flaky with a creamy filling. The choco-banana mini pie has a chocolate gnache in the bottom with a nice mousse topped w/ strawberry and blueberry garnished w/ white chocolate.

This afternoon on my way home, I found myself there again....there was something I never saw...something new...it was called orange crepe. Of course I had to buy a few.
My mission was to see if it tasted as good as it looked. Guess what? It did indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment