Sunday, January 29, 2012

La Creperie Cafe




We stumbled on this Bohemian bistro and bar while walking on 2nd St.in Long Beach on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Nice place with a grand piano, chandeliers and magnum champagne bottles as light fixtures along the bar.

The menu was extensive: from escargot as appetizers, savory crepes, soups,salads, and of course dessert crepes. My eyes lit up when I saw: Crepe Suzette.
We ordered the French Riviera which had chicken breast, artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in a sherry basil cream sauce. This was very good. The other crepe was the Parisian which was also chicken breast, fresh spinach, sweet red peppers, mozzarella in a basil and feta cream sauce. This was delicious as well and had a little bit more oomph! We were quite full but not too full to order dessert. My friend thought we should split the dessert. I reluctantly agreed.

We ordered the Crepe Suzette. I was disappointed since I was really looking forward to a great suzette. It was not bad; after all we finished it (1/2 portion). It was just not as light as I am used to and the sauce was thick and too sweet. I still remember the best crepe suzette I had in all of Los Angeles; a restaurant in Torrance called Chalet de France (no longer there). They made the best crepe suzette by your table with butter, fresh orange, grand marnier, cognac and flambeed as a final touch.
Ahh, those were the days...

2 comments:

  1. This place looks amazing. No places like this around Boston that I know of. Do you ever make crepes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making it from scratch is too stressful. You can buy the ready-to-use 9" french crepes (Melissa's 10 in a bag). From there you can create your own wonders!

      Delete