Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Acai Cafe



My friend Sandi kept telling me to try this place. I didn't drop everything to see what they had since Acai berries are suppose to be healthy and in my book, healthy equals not good.

Since I haven't danced in 2 weeks, due to an injured toe, I have gained a couple of pounds so I decided to be good. Went to the Acai Cafe in Torrance (corner Crenshaw Blvd. and Sepulveda). I had no idea what to order. I expected smoothies. They had all sorts of fruit combination, chocolate and vanilla power which had 18g-24g of protein. I told the lady it was my first time so she gave me a sample of the mint breeze. It was so refreshing and quite edible so I asked her about the Coffee Mocha. She assured me that if I like coffee, I would like it. I ordered it not knowing what it would look like. It came in a plastic container. It had bananas and granola (more healthy stuff) on top. Then she asked if I wanted honey; the answer to which was YES of course.
The acai part was dark. In fact, when I took a spoonful, it reminded me of mud. So, bananas, blueberries, granola with honey on top of mud. Well, believe it or not, it was tasty and refreshing.

There is something for everyone; peanut butter and jelly, apple cinnamon, even vegetables!

Next time you feel like something good and not feel guilty, go visit Acai Cafe. It's like putting gasoline additives in your car to make it run better, though my husband says those things don't work. I like to think I just put a bunch of anti-oxidants in my body that I should be ok at least till the next doctor visit.-

No comments:

Post a Comment