Monday, January 23, 2012

Frascati Ristorante & Bar






This restaurant started in Redondo Beach, Ca., closed its doors and moved to Rolling Hills Estates. Frascati is located in the one and only mall of Rolling Hills Estates. Restaurants have come and gone but Frascati has been open for 5 years and I pray it will stay open for many more years. This italian restaurant is consistently good. The menu is simple; no fancy schmancy food; what you read on the menu is what you get with a twist.

We came for lunch and celebrated a birthday. We started with the Burrata alla Caprese. This is where I was first introduced to burrata years ago. It was love at first taste. That creamy mozzarella is so good. Once you have it, you will never order regular mozzarella ever again.
We ordered the Linguine alle Vongole Veraci with manila clams,garlic,parsley with a white wine sauce. I am not fond of clams but my friend assured me that it was delicious. Two of us decided on the Spaghettini alla bolognese. This was a generous portion. We asked for parmesan cheese and our very attentive waiter, Abby came and started grating fresh parmesan on our pasta. I asked him if you could grate some more in a bowl and just leave it on our table. He happily obliged us.

When we were done with our lunch, we of course had to check out the dessert menu. It was hard not to order the tiramisu since I have had this before and it seemed like a nice ending to a meal since it is very light; not in calories but at least on looks!
Birthday boy ordered the gelato affogato al caffe. Vanilla ice cream w/lady fingers and espresso. I had a spoonful of this and it too was a nice refreshing ending.

The pizzas are worth ordering as they are thin crust and baked in that wood burning oven. In the past, I have had the pasta with salmon which was also very good. Once, the chef and owner, Enrico Glaudo, had a special; Chocolate pasta. He does not have this on the menu as most people probably are not adventurous. I enjoyed that dish that when I asked Enrico for it.. he promised to make it if I call in advance.

Chef Glaudo has an impressive background. You may google him to get more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment