Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Taste Awards





I had the opportunity to attend the 2012 Taste Awards which is an award show of mostly food, fashion and home life style. The event was held at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood on Jan. 12, 2012. I was accompanied by my brother who was my guide, literally like my seeing eye dog since I am totally uneducated when it comes to television shows about cooking. I know the famous chefs that have been around for a long time but am not familiar with the newborns so to speak. You see, I love to eat but I do not necessarily like to watch cooking shows since I can't taste anything they cook. It's like torture!

My brother introduced me to Nyesha Arrington who is the executive chef at "Wilshire" in Santa Monica. Gary has frequented and raved about Wilshire since Nyesha has taken over. I have not yet been there but plan to do so in the near future.

After the awards, there was an a little reception with some excellent selection of wines, cabernet from Raymond Vineyards R&B Cellars, and Peju Vineyard. They had slices of wonderful duck, beet salad, cheeses, fuku burger (which was delicious) and beautiful chocolates (Ginger w/sea salt, Lavander).

After we sampled everything there was to sample, it was time to leave. It was a very interesting evening.

2 comments:

  1. That chef was on Top Chef right? She trained under Robuchon. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she was on Top Chef and did train with Joel Robuchon and I am a big fan of Robuchon!

    ReplyDelete