Monday, August 29, 2022

La Bocca Felice

I can't seem to stop blogging about this restaurant. Wayne and Tiffany were excited to experience the Italian cuisine of La Bocca Felice since they had never been there.

I brought a bottle of Champagne to share among us as the corkage is still free. Nima, the owner, came to our table and popped the bottle himself as he brought us Champagne glasses. He informed us of their specials that evening. The lobster was one of them, and though I was set on ordering the Vitello Marsala, as soon as I heard Wayne wanting to order the lobster, I immediately changed my mind. I did not want to be drooling over his lobster, so that decision was a no-brainer. I also have had that in the past, and it was outstanding.

For appetizers, we decided to share an order of the Capesante, jumbo scallops seared with dried cranberries and pine nuts cooked in Marsala wine topped with shaved Parmesan, and also ordered Fried Calamari. Everyone enjoyed these appetizers. 

Tiffany ordered what we suggested, which was the Pappardelle Short Rib Ragu. She loved the pasta! Sandi decided on the Vitello Marsala this time and asked for a side of pasta. They were very generous with the pasta. She, too, loved her dish. 

We did not order any dessert because Sandi had made a Peach Crisp the day before, and we thought of having some with a scoop of ice cream when we got home which we all enjoyed. 

La Bocca Felice is still a favorite. They have great food and service. They are located at 301 W. 6th Street in San Pedro, California.



No comments:

Post a Comment